Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have ordered a american fridge freezer it turned up to day

Hello I have ordered a american fridge freezer it turned up to day lead on its side looking at information on line it says this can damage the fridge as the compresure is not in the upright and the insides
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: RF23M8080SR/EU
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I sent it back as the packaging saw damaged the main concern is looking at the information on the net the fridges should be delivered up right 250 mile from shop to my house the compresor has to be set on its dampers what does Samsung say
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but can he get back to day please Gary

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge. Lets see if i can help you on this.

Fridges can be delivered on its side as thats nor really a problem. As long as you leave it to stand for about 5 hours as this will let the oil and gas settle down and then it will be fine.

But best way to transport a fridge is upright but its not really a problem if layed down as long as you leave it to settle.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for the quick reply my main concerns is lead down which you answered the other is lead on its side none of the parts IE compressor will be shocked or damage due to be bouncing around in the back of the van cheersGary

99 out of a 100 it will be fine.

There is a slight chance it can damage but its very rare and when it does its what we call a ringing compressor were the motor inside the compressor comes off one of the mounts. When this happens it makes a ringing noise as soon as you plug it in but its very rare this happens.

In the 30 years of doing this ive seen it 3 times.