Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The knob that controls the large burner on my Bosch Gas Hob

The knob that controls the large burner on my Bosch Gas Hob has become stiff and is now impossible to move. How can I free it up?
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch hob? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know the model but it must be about 20 years old because we had it oinstalled when we last moved house
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your hob; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Bosch hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has happened in the past 10 days. I haven't tried anything other than brute force
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, the hob has served us well and still looks good

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your hob. Lets see if i can help you on this.

When this happens its the gas tap for that burner that siezes up in there and it usually needs to be replaced.

If you are looking at fixing yourself then as its part of the gas system you will need to be checked for gas leaks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can you suggest a technician in Edinburgh I could approach for the repair

Sorry im based near Preston so dont know anybody in Edinburgh.

What you can try is UKWhitegoods as its a site that the trade also use so you can find a recommended repair company near you.

Click here and enter your details and you can then find an engineer near you that can sort this for you.