Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hoover heat pump condenser Model no. DX

I have a hoover heat pump condenser Model no. DX HY102atke-80. It has 2 thermostats on the heater assembly and one of them is open circuit and I believe this nis causing an E21 error on the dryer. My problem is I am having difficulty locating the correct replacement part as all it has on it is 200c and 29/18.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dryer? How old is it?
Customer: Hoover DX HY102atke-80. Approx. 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3 days. I have today established that one of the thermostats on the heater assembly is open circuit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I believe this is what is causing the E21 error that just turns the dryer off.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I believe the device may be a thermal cut out stat but it is not re-settable so I need to source the correct Hoover part to replace it.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I just need to be sure I am sourcing the correct replacement part.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer. Lets see if i can help you on this.

You cannot get the thermostats on there own on these dryers as they come as part of the heater.

Click here for the heater for your dryer as it comes with the thermostats on top of it.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am pretty sure they would be available as a spare as they are removable(I have already remove the open circuit one myself) Seems crazy to have to buy a whole heater assembly for a 15 quiddish stat.

Hoover dont sell them seperate, They never have as they always come as part of the complete heater im afraid

Click here to see a screen shot of the parts diagram

As you will see theres only a heater unit and nothing for the thermostats.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Guess that is typical of rip-off Companies these days. Guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy the complete assembly. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Thats how a lot are going now forcing us to buy parts we dont really need just for a thermostats.