Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Favorit 50870 dishwasher which has started

Hi, I have a Favorit 50870 dishwasher which has started returning _30 error message. I have taken the left hand side of the dishwasher off and can see water coming out of the Y connector hose. I have ordered a replacement hose from AEG but I'm not sure the best way of accessing the hose to replace it. Is this something you can help me with?
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Aeg Favorit 50870, not sure of the age, definitely older than 5 years which is when we moved in.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started on Monday. I have taken the side off and I can see the water coming out of the connection between the Y hose and I think it is a sump
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dishwasher. Lets see if i can help you on this.

Can you post a picture of the part thats leaking if you can.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hiya, Please find attached a photo of the bit that is leaking.

Arh the heater/sump hose. We replace quite a lot of these.

What you need to do is lay the dishwasher on its back and from there you can remove the base tray.

With this off you can access the hose easyer from there and swap it over.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is it quite straight forward to remove the base tray, screws, clips?

Yes as its just clipped in and from memory theres a screw in the corner, Once you see it you can work out how to remove the base tray.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
awesome, hopefully the part will arrive soon, I'd forgotten what a pain it is to do the dishes!. First world problems. Thank you