Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We have a dome kettle. It has developed an intermittent

We have a dome kettle.
JA: What's the brand and model of your kettle? How old is it?
Customer: It has developed an intermittent fault, it sometimes cuts out before the eater has boiled.
JA: How long has this been going on with your kettle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For the past month. Kettle is approx 5 yrs old, Model JKT3a Serial 2015.16
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have not tried anything so far.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'll just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

You might see automated adverts for phone support. I'm not available for a phone call today, but we can continue via this Q&A topic.

Kettles are an economic conundrum. Apart from keeping it free of scale, there's no user maintenance you can do on the kettle. Even the element is sealed within the unit and is not therefore replaceable.

Your symptoms suggest a problem with the bimetallic switch, but I doubt that it's economically viable to get it fixed, If you call Customer Service on 01293 652500, they will tell you the cost of repairing it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Sounds like a new kettle

I think that's going to be the best way out of it. Sorry :-/

Thank you for your rating.  I hope that in spite of the bad news, you enjoyed your experience with Just Answer.
Have a great weekend :-)