Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have an older model Worcester 35CDi RSF combi boiler which

Hi. I have an older model Worcester 35CDi RSF combi boiler which I need to repressurise. I can't see a connection to an external filling loop so I concluded it needed the internal filling key which I bought the smaller and larger keys which also don't fit. So I don't know what to do next for something that should be a simple fix. Can you help?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: No error codes or blinking lights. Approx 22 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its fully functional but on 0.7 bar so felt it needed a small top up before anything untoward happened
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's been serviced annually by the previous owners but I've only been in the property 1 month so can't say if its had historical issues. Just wanted to increase the pressure a bit for piece of mind

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

If you attach a photo of all the pipework on the underside of the boiler, I'll tell you if your boiler has an integral filling link.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

You might see automated adverts for phone support. I'm not available for a phone call today, but we can continue via this Q&A topic.

I haven't heard back from you.  If can provide a photo I can help you further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I replied via the email before. See attached.

This is a slightly mystery, because the manual says that this boiler should have a filling link but, as you said, there doesn't appear to be one. I have two questions:

1. Is this image reversed, as in a mirror image?

2. Can you find the G.C. number of your boiler, so that I can make sure I have the correct document? The G.C. number is ***** the label on the casing, or behind the flap.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. Yes I just put my phone under the unit and mirror imaged it as there was not enough clearance to do it taking a normal picture to get it in the frame. See GC number attached. Thank you

OK. This edition of the 35CDi RSF had no integral filling link. Ergo, there's an external one. By hunch is that it's hidden behind that tiled panel.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a way to by pass the normal process? It's been serviced annually for over 20 years but the previous owners had the kitchen installed 6 years ago so it must have needed some TLC within that timeframe?

Clearly I don't know what has happened in the last 6 years, but if the pressure didn't drop then there would be no need to use the filling loop.

You can install a filling loop somewhere else, for example in the airing cupboard, if there's a handy cold supply there.

It's rare that the person doing that kind of tiling in doesn't make provision for removing the panel as one assembly, to avoid having to break tiles. If you cut the any sealant along the bottom and/or sides, you might find it just withdraws neatly.

Thank you for your rating, and your kind bonus.  I'm glad that I could help.
Did you locate the filling loop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sort of. Its definitely under the tiled boxed area. No access sadly. I try to sort basic issues out but it will have to be an engineer now. You've been great. Thank you. Nicki

Argh that sounds a bit frustrating. Did you try cutting any sealant around the panel (if it has sealant)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's been grouted/ integrated into the kitchen design. Very poorly thought out for maintenance purposes. Never mind

Oh dear. Sorry :-/