KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

The door seal on my Bosch washing machine is quite badly

The door seal on my Bosch washing machine is quite badly stained. Dry it with a cloth after use but wonder whether it still harbours germs and should be replaced. Please advise.
JA: Is your Bosch washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading approx 5 years.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 years at least. I wipe it with a dry cloth and occasionally have used an antibac solution.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have recently hard a water softner fitted so no longer use Calgon tablets i the wash.

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Please try this:

You will have to unplug the appliance and take a dry cloth, wipe inside the door, and clean the door seal.

After the cleaning is done, reconnect everything and plug it back.

Then use 2 cups of vinegar (1 in drawer and 1 in drum) and select an empty wash cycle on its hottest setting.

Please let it complete and then wait for around 1 hour before opening the door.

Now, after one hour unplug it again and then clean the drain pump filter located at the bottom front of appliance and clean the drum and door seal.

If you have ground coffee (you may pour it in a bowl/cup) and leave it for one day inside the drum.

Then next day after all this is done select another empty wash cycle on its hottest setting with washing machine descaler or detergent.

Let this complete then, leave it unplugged few hours this time with door open.

The problem should be resolved now and there should not be any stains on the seal.

However, if the issue is still there then yes you will have to replace the door seal.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry Kevin I couldn't make the connection on my phone and just managed to get on to the computer. The model is WAE24366UK. However I will try the suggestions you have made. Thank you.
You are welcome and Good Luck. Cheers