James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We’re will I find the lean button on my lift master gate

Customer Question

We’re will I find the lean button on my lift master gate control
JA: Do you know the model of your Liftmaster appliance? How old is it?
Customer: it a gray box approximately 12 inch square and it’s been in for 4 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Liftmaster appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to program a new remote it a lift master small black unit
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I tried following the instruction but can not locate the lean button
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Not sure what you want all I want is for some one to tell me where that lean button is I
On my liftmaster gate control o
I cannot see any green lights as the instructions of the remote states
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 20 days ago.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 19 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi this is now getting silly i paid my fee but nobody can help me why this
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your gate control box, I ask as there are many models and that changes the location of the learn button?

Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

The learn button is normally yellow on most of the ranges, and located on the PCB, there are a few different types but if you remove the case of the gate controller you should see the yellow button and often marked learn above it.

A couple of different PCB showing the yellow learn button can be found here and here.

You will find the process for learning a remote here.