Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Timer has an intermitant fault .The first programme of the

Customer Question

timer has an intermitant fault .The first programme of the day does not always switch the hot water on .The CH always works
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: Timer has intermitant fault first program of day does not always start hot water
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: months reprogrammed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the motorised valve works
Expert:  Tim JA replied 22 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please let me know the make and exact model number of the boiler, and of the motorised zone valve.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
glow worm ultracom
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
no
Expert:  Tim JA replied 21 days ago.

What is the make and model of the motorised zone valve?

Expert:  Tim JA replied 21 days ago.

Good afternoon, I haven't heard back from you.
I strongly recommend that you focus on the MZV for starting the fault-finding.  Even if it's not faulty, it will tell you whether the fault is upstream (i.e. with the thermostat or programmer), or downstream, i.e. the boiler.