KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a new fridge freezer fitted - integrated. It is

Customer Question

I have a new fridge freezer fitted - integrated. It is freezing up in the fridge. What causes this ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge?
Customer: hotpoint CB283W
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was installed mid May. I only arrived at my cottage on 20th May and switched it on. From beginning it has been like this. I turned temp to low. I called kitchen fitter back to check door seal But still icing up at back of fridge. It seems to melt when heating is on in the house but I don’t need heating on in the house 24/7
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: all my food in veg box and bottom shelf are frozen
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 22 days ago.

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to contact Hotpoint as it is still under warranty and get the parts replaced.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Kevin
I don’t have a spare fridge or freezer and have food in the fridge / freezer. If I switch it off for 24hours it will waste the food. Will have to wait a few days to do this....
If it comes back do I go on hear again to request hotpoint?

Hello, I understand.

You may keep on using it however, in the meantime contact Hotpoint and book repair under warranty.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers