Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a question about a siemens fridge freezer, KA58NA40

Customer Question

hi i have a question about a siemens fridge freezer
JA: Do you know the model of your Siemens fridge? How old is it?
Customer: KA58NA40 model number, about 10 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have only one problem and i thiknk a small part may have broken so i'm hoping you can advise on what part needs to be replaced the freezer is good and cold and the ice maker makes ice. however when it cycles, the tray turns upside down, but it doesn't have that 'pop' moment when the ice comes crashing out. instead it just turns back upright with the ice still in it i'm hoping there may be a small part to replace as I noticed some broken plastic a while back. or do i have to buy the whole ice maker replacement??
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: so basically trying to figure out what part(s) i need to order for this problem
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
do you have my full question? I can't see from that. the ice maker tray fills and freezes, but when it turns upside down, the ice doesn't pop out. so it just swivels back with the same ice inside and - if the water is on - it will just pour water out over the full tray. i am trying to find out if there is a small part to replace to fix this or if i have to buy the entire ice machine unit. it's the part/ part number i'm after then. thx!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
or if you have the reply great by text here, whichever is easiest and quickest. thx!
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 15 days ago.

Hi guys I'm darran I'm a Domestic engineer and refridgeration engineer   these are all in one units , the ice maker   but don't worry super easy to replace take top plastic cover  of  and it is usually 3 screws  but you also loosen or remove but you can keep it in place the plastic back plate the ice maker is simply attached by a small plug  you can remove and replace

With the model and serial  you can get the part from espares.com and UK white goods  and tradeplace  as well as the supplier Siemens.   there are also many places do fixed price repairs such as knowhow and also 0800repair   as well as you will have local engineers

Hope this helps  regards darran