James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Just got my ST371HD machine from America, What type of

Customer Question

Just got my ST371HD machine from America, What type of adaptor should I use for U.K. usage
JA: How long have you had your ST371HD?
Customer: its brand new arrived today
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: i can’t use it because there is an American footplate with American plug, so I need to know which transformer adopter to get to use in uk
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

US appliances are not really suitable for UK or Europe market as apart from using 120v rather than 240 they also run at a different frequency, so you may find the timing is off unless you be an inverter which can be very expensive.

The sewing machine will work with a transformer taking the 240v and reducing to 120v, but due to the difference in frequency expect over time the sewing machine may burn out without a inverter.