canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Please can you advise how I can connect a shower hose to any

Customer Question

Hi, please can you advise how I can connect a shower hose to any of these parts in my shower/bath - i can only shower in one position and need a shower to wash all over!!
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Do you have a picture of the shower you want to attach?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have sent them can’t you see them ?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 17 days ago.

There were two pictures of the spout and one of the shower head. There was not a picture of the thing you are trying to connect.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Here it is again
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
here
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
here it is clearly not a standard shower hose size that’s gonna cut it

What are you trying to connect though?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Need hose that will fit for mobility so I can wash hard to reach areas what do I need to buy

You would have to replace the shower head with a traditional type or a wall 90. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Hand-Shower-Wall-Elbow-in-Chrome-for-Wall-Mount-Hand-Showers-50560/100447639 Then attach a hand held to that. Likely the handicapped type which has an 8' hose. Maybe something like this that is an extra long hose and the slide bar is also a grab bar. https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Showers-Stainless-Handheld-Shower/dp/B078SL62TT/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=Hand+Shower+with+Slide+Bar&qid=1622662454&sr=8-11

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The first link.. will that be the correct size and attach to this bit in the photo then??
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 16 days ago.

No. There is not any way to connect to that. You have to replace the shower arm.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I thought a mini hose no?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What’s the shower arm?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I rent the property so need a temporary thing

The shower part has to be unscrewed and replaced with the wall 90 from the previous link. You can put the shower arm back in later. You would be replacing the piece that comes out of the wall for the shower and then put it back in when you move.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thanks, I’ve tried unscrewing it from the wall but it won’t come off any other advice ?

Is there a set screw at the base or on the cover plate?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just cover plate can’t remove all of it off the wall
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 14 days ago.

The whole thing should unscrew from the wall. There is no set screw at the base of the shower arm or on the cover plate, right? I am guessing you do not have a model number?