Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have just bought a second hand kenwood dishwasher

Hello..I have just bought a second hand kenwood dishwasher KDW60X16. It was rather dirty and smelly so I bought a dishwasher cleaner and ran it on a hot cycle.
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Kenwood dishwasher?
Customer: Yes now all the lights are on and it is now showing 88 on the display along with all the symbols lights too!
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the pump. Drained the dishwasher by laying it on its side. It has been turn off completely unplugged from the mains for 12 hours and it is still showing the same codes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: After it did the first cycle , so it has now been playing up for 2 days

Good Morning

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

This error message means that your dishwasher is either leaking or the Aqua stop has been triggered. At the bottom of the floor pan there is a float switch which switches leaks to cause this error. You either have to remove the rectangular cover underneath the door oh man to get the floor pan to dry. Or you have to tilt the device forward five times 40 ° and wait at least 30-40 seconds until all the water in the floor pan runs out. Then you have to find the leak and repair it again.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you. Is this an easy repair?

No the repair is not very easy. It is somewhat complicated but doable. You would have to open the entire appliance, the side panels and look for the leak. Of course, you must always be careful and switch off the power supply in between. If you have opened the unit and see an obvious hole or a defective hose, you can of course send me a description and I can send you a link where you can order a replacement.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you. I’m going to try and get my money back from the lady I bought it from. It was only £50 but by the time I’ve took it apart, attempted to fix it and the cost I think I’ll be better of getting a new one!

Please I wish you the best of luck and success in doing so. You can write a message again at any time. I am always at your disposal. You can always take my help. You are always welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk