Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have an Electrolux Fridge Model: ERG3313AOW which has

Customer Question

Hi. I have an Electrolux Fridge Model: ERG3313AOW which has started to have ice forming all down the back of it. It's at a constant 4 degree temperature.
JA: How old is your Electrolux fridge?
Customer: 6 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Electrolux refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A few weeks. We've cleaned it out and removed the ice but it's forming again. We don't know what else to do?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so?
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 12 days ago.

Hi guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refridgeration engineer is the ice snow White and frosty  or is the ice ear and balling in the corners  if possible can you send a picture regards darran

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Darran. It's water/condensation dripping down the back of the fridge and it's freezing. Pic attached (I think!)

Guys thisbis perfectly natural  as the appliance is a wet wall system   it should on cool mode  have little bits of ice almost tear like  and on defrost mode the water should run down the back wall into the drain hole

Actually can you take a wide picture of the back as I can't realy see anything

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Darran. This isn't the normal wet wall status. The water is freezing on the back wall so there's a sheet of ice that's gradually getting bigger. We cleaned it off a couple of weeks ago when it got bad and new cartons of milk were going off before they were even opened. The frozen sheet is back now and getting worse. I've attached another picture but it's hard to see it really in a picture as it's ice on a white wall.

Guys OK this is either best case  thermostat    but as it is icing at the top this would point to a   system blockage or  that the appliance is loosing pressure and over working as the top is were the system cools first

First thing is do a though 36 hr defrost not just to remove all ice blockages though the cooling vents  but also to reset the electronics     this usually sorts this out but if it recurs male sure the doors are sealing then your looking at the above guys regards darran

Omg  spell check blockages through cooling system   is the back wall spongey at at  at the top left or right can it be depressed

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't know what you mean by spongey? The hard plastic back wall inside the fridge has the water running down as normal but it freezes over about half way down and gets worse the further down it is. We can't access the back of the fridge as it's fully integrated. When you say defrost for 36 hours - do you mean switch off the fridge for 36 hours?

The inside back wall some time separates   if you push it a little  and yeah open the door and press but guys from what you have just said  and the pattern on the back wall it looks like either the system has failed low pressure and gas  or there is a system blockage and thus is why the wall pattern is different and not even  either way guys you are going to need an engineer to look at it you can get a fixed price repair from 0800repair  and knowhow     hopenthat helps regards darran