KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Hisence American style fridge freezer model

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Hisence American style fridge freezer model rq689n4. KThe right hand freezer drawers have never frozen to the same degree as on the left hand side drawers. I notice that the left hand door has frozen zone written on it and the right hand door has multi zone written on it.Can you please tell me what the difference is and whether the right hand drawers are supposed to be at a higher temperature. For example, ice cream kept in the right hand side will be soft whilst it will be solid on the left hand side. I can find no explanation for how to use the multi zone side in your handbook. Please can yo7 advise me.
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Please see above for brand and model . It was bought in 2018 and has always behaved in this way. The handbook refers to 4 models ending in AC1, BD1,BF1 and BI1. I'm not sure how to find out exactly where to find out which one it is. Is there a label on it somewhere?
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See above. This has been going on since I bought it. Currys could give me no advice on whether the two sides were different and I could get no response from Hisense at the time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing that I can think of.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 21 days ago.

Good afternoon,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.