Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I cleaned a neff double oven. It was used once afterwards

Customer Question

I cleaned a neff double oven. It was used once afterwards and the bulb exploded. What do.you think would have caused this?
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric. Not sure how old but would say no more than maybe 5 to 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The bulb exploded and there is now no power to the oven.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just wondering what would have caused it
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

There can be several causes. It may be that you cleaned it too damp so that's a short circuit caused by damp. But it can also be that you moved a heating coil too much while cleaning it, so that a cable break at the connection point or a defect on the heating coil caused a short circuit. Normally, the device must now be pulled out and the outer rear wall removed from the rear. Then the heating coils and the thermostat with a multimeter should know with a multimeter whether the recovery values ​​are still in order. Then you would have to check the socket of the light bulb with the cable connection to see if it is still OK with a multimeter.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I didn't take the bulb cover off. Not sure how damp would have got in there.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

Moisture does not necessarily have to come in from the light bulb. The moisture could also have come from the heating coils.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I only cleaned the enamel interior of the oven. How would damp have got in the heating coils?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

The heating coils are normally made of steel. But it has an upper first coating. Depending on age and use, these heating coils may have a small crack and draw moisture from them. It is only a guess. It is not 100% what I am writing here because I am not on site and cannot check. It is only according to my experience what could be anything.