Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My belko washing machine wont start, the lights are on but

Customer Question

my belko washing machine wont start, the lights are on but when i press one of the buttons to change temp or start the spin nothing happens
JA: What happened just before the light on your washer came on?
Customer: nothing everything has been fine
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only started today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: turned it off and on at the plug etc
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
beko wmb 51221 s
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

There can be several causes. It may be that the child lock has been activated. It is possible that the door contact switch does not react. But it can also be that the control electronics do not react. Please describe to me which symbols you see on the control panel and display as soon as you switch on the device. Or you can send me a photo of the control panel when it is switched on. You can attach photos below the right side of the text box with attachments.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the only button that's seems to react when i press it is the time delay
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

You have not yet answered my questions. Which symbols or LEDs light up on the control panel or display? I had written to them that anything could be. It could be that the child lock is activated. It could be that the control electronics are not responding. I can only give you general answers if you do not give me any information.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i have attached a picture, all the lights will display it depends what the setting its on i.e rinse, cottons, dark care. It doesn't appear to have activated any child lock
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

No, I do not lock the children. Please try this: turn the unit off, open the door if you can. Wait 2 minutes. Close the door again. Then switch the unit on once and press the start button for 10 seconds. What happens then?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Nothing happened. I have noticed the only button that responds is time delay but it also the light on temperature changes when the time delay button is pressed
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Nothing must light up during the time delay. If you programme your time preselection. Please try this again: switch off the appliance, wait 5 minutes, then switch on the appliance and open and close the door at least five times. After that, close the door window once and keep it closed very firmly while trying to start a programme.