Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Zanussi zwf81441w washing machine - the drum isn't spinning,

Customer Question

zanussi zwf81441w washing machine - the drum isn't spinning, the washing powder isn't taken into the machine and the programme takes twice as long. What's causing it? Someone's suggested the solenoid valve
JA: Is your Zanussi washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front. 4 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's in a rental property. The tenant has reported it for a week or so. I haven't seen it myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: They've tried running through a cleaning liquid. No error code. Not sure if they've cleaned the filter.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

There can be several causes. But the way you explain it, it may not start at all. Because it is not normal for the engine not to turn and for the water not to be introduced. Are you sure that the device starts? Normally, if you only start the Spin and Drain program, the door should first be locked and then the drain pump should be started at the bottom right. And then the engine in there. Is this happening?

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi - It is a rental property so it is my tenant's machine. She tells me it works like normal but doesn't spin, doesn't take the powder and the program takes twice as long
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

If the washing powder is not inserted, it is possible that the drawer is very dirty and the small holes are blocked by detergent residues. Or the solenoid valve is blocked or not controlled for the water inlet. This must be checked once.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK - so they should check the drawer and then whether the solenoid valve is blocked?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

First pull out the detergent drawer and check whether it is blocked from the inside by detergent residues. If necessary, clean everything once with a toothpick or toothbrush. Depending on the age and use, it may be blocked by limescale or detergent residues. If everything is clean and the water inlet still does not operate, it is possible that the solenoid valve is blocked. If this is the case, remove the top cover, switch off the power supply and remove the solenoid valve once and inspect the inlet point to see if it has limescale residues.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) f

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks Erdal - I will ask them to do this. Is it possible to 'speak' to you again in a day or two if there's still a problem?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Of course you can always write me a message again if you want. I am at your disposal and I would like you to get the device running again. I would like to help you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Great - thanks so far - fingers crossed it works!
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Please good luck