Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We have a British Gas boiler 330+ With a fault f22 dry. How

Customer Question

We have a British Gas boiler 330+ With a fault f22 dry. How can we fix it?
JA: What happened just before your boiler displayed this message?
Customer: Don’t know we went to run tap and water not warm
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just aware of it now don’t know what to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we had a power cut last week and had to reset boiler
Expert:  Tim JA replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

F22 indicates that the pressure in the system is too low.

Firstly, look for a filling loop anywhere that looks like the one in this photo. The handles in this photo show the valves in the open position.

Also, it would be useful to know the current system pressure reading, so look for a gauge that looks similar to the one in this photo.

Let me know when you've found those, and I'll give you guidance on how to use them.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can’t remember ever seeing anything like those two pictures in this house. Any idea where they might be?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We are going to call British Gas as we have a contract with them.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 11 days ago.

The installer is responsible for showing you where the filling loop is, also when and how to use it. Let me know if British Gas aren't able to solve the problem, and I will be happy to give you further guidance.