Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I purchased a Swan Teasmade teamaker with alarm model

Customer Question

I purchased a Swan Teasmade teamaker with alarm model STM200Non 15th April 2021 and it has now started to leak as soon as i put in cold water.
JA: How long have you had your STM200NON?
Customer: Since 17th April 2021
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Putting in less water, but it makes no difference, the ater leaks oiu immediately.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 19 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

It sounds to me that there's a manufacturing defect.

Since the teasmade is so now, this is very easy - contact the retailer and request a replacement or a refund.

In case you aren't aware, you have considerable rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Since the fault occurred within six months of purchase, the onus is on the merchant to prove that the fault wasn't introduced during manufacture.

If it turns out that you missed something in the instructions, and the retailer helps you to understand, then no harm has been done and you'll have a functioning product. If the retailer can't find that you've done anything wrong, then they'll be legally obliged to replace it or refund you.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.