James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My hoover hwb8142 80s display programme shows 30 starts to

My hoover hwb8142 80s display programme shows 30 starts to fill then resets back to 30 and starts to fill again. Is there a way to reset it.
JA: How old is your Hoover appliance?
Customer: over 5 yr
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since saturday. I've fitted new control pcb and switch
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really i just need to reset it
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Its a HWb814d-80S

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Thank you for the model number.

The fact the appliance is losing its place in the program and not erroring would suggest the PCB is at fault, and note you have already replace the main PCB.

As such the next thing to look at is the water level sensor, where this is not detecting the correct amount of water in the appliance it could cause this behaviour though would normally have expected it to error as a inlet time out fault.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have not changed the main pcb at the side only the display pcb. Looks like i might have to replace that as well. Would I need a programmed version.

Yes you would need a pre-programmed one, otherwise the smart card reader and the associated smart card for your model.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
ok thanks