Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have an E1 error code on my Kenwood dishwasher, The tap

Customer Question

Hi i have an E1 error code on my Kenwood dishwasher
JA: What happened just before your Kenwood dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: The tap indicator came on the display
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since Monday. Disconnected water and drain pipes. No blockages and plenty of water coming through
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No only the base is now full of water
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

E1 error code is a filling fault. If you've already checked that the water supply is good, then the fault is usually related to the pressure switch.

You need to do is pull the dishwasher out and remove the right hand side panel. Hebind there you should see the pressure switch, with a narrow tube connected.

Disconnect the tube at the pressure switch end, and blow hard through it. Then reconnect the tube and blow gently into the other end, and listen for the click of the pressure switch and. If it doesn't click then the pressure switch is faulty. You can confirm this with a multimeter.

If the pressure switch is OK and the overfilling continues, then then you need to check the wiring in the loom. If that's not the problem then it's likely to be a fault on the control board.

Let me know how you get on. These are just some first steps, so please come back to me if the problem persists.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Tim i will try that. Does it matter that the machine has water in ?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Preferably it would be empty, simple because you'll be hauling it around.

Does the machine behave enough to empty it with the pump?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Im not sure how to empty it with the pump sorry. I will send you the model number now
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Kdw60w15 Kenwood
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

OK. An alternative would be to withdraw the dishwasher, disconnect the outlet end of the drain hose, and lower than end into an empty cat litter tray (or similar) to collect the water. You might have go do more than one cycle of this lowering-and-draining method.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok will try
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

OK I'll await your news!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

You're welcome :-)