KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I bought a dishwasher on the 23rd June 2019 on line from

Customer Question

i bought a dishwasher on the 23rd June 2019 on line from electrical discount will it still be under guarantee as I now find that it is leaking if not could you recommend a reliable dealer in my district which is Thanet Kent
JA: How old is your dishwasher? Where does the leak seem to be coming from?
Customer: two years old I dont know where the leak is actually coming from it is a table top version
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: for a couple of weeks as I noticed it has got under the work top where it joins and has lifted it my partner has looked and cant find where it might have come from and has tightened the connections but it still seems to leak
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i dont think so he seems to think that it might be the pump that might have gone wouild it still be under guarantee
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 18 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i bought a zanussi table top dishwasher on the 23rd june 2019 from electrical discount uk will it still be under garantee as I now find it is leaking if not please could recommend a reputable person who might be able to locate the problem and repair it
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i dont think I want to pay another £16 to talk to yet another person I just want a simple answer is it still under guarantee

Thank you however, without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Please try this:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to check what is causing the leak.

The drain pump and/or drain hose may be faulty causing this issue.

That is automated and I am happy to help via chat.

Please read and follow my previous advise.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.