KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Bosch LOGiXX Frost Free fridge freezer which i

I have a Bosch LOGiXX Frost Free fridge freezer which i inherited from the previous owner about 10 years ago so I don't know how old it is. It is normally at -18 but yesterday it went to -14 and has been up to -15. Should i have it looked at? I go away on holiday tomorrow for 6 days.
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch fridge?
Customer: As I said it is a LOGIXX
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was -18 yesterday morning and went to -14 sometime during the day. It had been to -15 and is back to -14. i haven't done anything as I don't know what to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Good morning,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.