KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My new Neff oven won't let me turn o9ff the chikd kock which

Customer Question

My new Neff oven won't let me turn o9ff the chikd kock which suddenly appeared , I didn't switch it on, so I don't know how it happened. The clock won't let me change either. I have tried tuiring off and back on again and the child lock is still on. I' in my late 70s and beginning to hate azll the modern copmplicated appliance workings.
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric?
Customer: It's electric. The hob workss fine.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I founbd it this morning when I noticed the clo k as 2 hours faast. I then read the instruction manuel and did what it told me to do to fix the clock when suddenly the child clock symbol came on and just won't go.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's less than a month old.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Well that's easier said than done as |I have difficulty bending, up I think its B2ACHTH0B48

I am sorry however, I did not know that you have difficulties getting the model number.

Thank you for the model number.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls however, I am happy to help via chat.

If someone else is available for calls, they will call you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sooner the better please. I need the oven!

The model number that you have provided is incorrect.

However, please press and hold the CLOCK button for around 10 seconds and let me know if this will reset the clock ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not sure online is going go solve it as I can't get the computer near the oven to explain what's wrong. All I can say is what the booklet says doesn't work and the clock and child lock appear to be permanently locked. The booklet is definitely for a B2ACH7HHOB so should be showing me the correct moves.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sorry the number is ***** I've turned the whole thing off again as I have to go out now. I will try again later and see if it has righted itself. Many thanks for your help so far.

As I said earlier please press and hold the CLOCK button for around 15 seconds to unlock the control.

You may click here to download its User manual.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.