Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

One of the hinges on our oven door has come loose and i cant

Customer Question

Hi one of the hinges on our oven door has come loose and i cant see how to fit it back on. Its not the same hinge as the left hand side....
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric oven and about 2½ yrs
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started to clunk when used so we took oven door off but now cant see how to put the hinge in correctly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All the parts are there but i cant see how it tensions on the spring
Expert:  Tim JA replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

The hinge might have broken.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please let me know the make and exact model number of the oven.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, I haven't heard back from you with model details.
Hinges are generally available and it's not difficult to fit them.  If you need guidance on this, then please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Tim
My guess is that the hinge has broken too so i will order a new part ftom hotpoint tomorrow.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

You're welcome; I'm glad that I could help.

Have a great week :-)