Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My AGA (P?F) (THREE OVEN) GAS FIRED POWER FLUE COOKERITH

Customer Question

My AGA (P?F) (THREE OVEN) GAS FIRED POWER FLUE COOKERITH AIMAS HAS STOPPED, AND 1 CANNOT RE-IGNITE IT, THE INTEGRAL FAN HAS STOPPED AS WELL. WHAT DO I DO ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your oven? How old is it?
Customer: IT WAS INSTALLED NEW IN 2009
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: itbstopped thois morning. it was serviced within the last 6 months. I have pressed and operATED THE RESTART SEVERAL TIMES. EITHER THERE IS NO SPARK OR NO GAS OR IT REFUSES BECAUSE THE FAN IS NOT WORKING
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I HAVE TRIED COUNTRY WA IN MALTON WHO INSTALLED AND SERVICEWD IT REGULARLY SINCE NEW. THEY HAVE CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

If the fan isn't working then you can't solve the problem by restarting the appliance, or with any other user controls.

I don't like brining bad news, but I think you'll have to wait until tomorrow so that you can contact the installer. You might find another local engineer who's willing to visit today, but they would have no way of purchasing the correct fan unit, so you'd still be stuck.

Do you have stored hot water that you can heat by other means, for example a cylinder with an immersion heater?

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for trying. We will use our Dealer and get heir Engineer. GMT
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Useless. Sorry I tried you. Please refund any charge. GMT
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

I was nothing but courteous and helpful to you, but instead of answering my question your response is "Useless". I suspect your approach is going to impair your chances of getting help from various people, but I wish you luck.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My comment reflected my frustration with the AGA. THank you for trying, but as I suspected, having spoken to the Dealer this morning, only an AGA specialist, equipped with replacement parts will be able to remedy the issue. My wife had pre-prepared lunch for rather special friends that just required heating up, and had to do a complete U turn. She is not quite 80 , and managed, but was very shaken by the problem, and 30 minutes struggling to implement the AGA restart instructions left me angry. Having spoken to the dealer this morning, she agrees with the opinion that the re-start instructions are in fact useless ! No personal offence intended, so please ignore the comment. It applies to AGA, and their literature. GMT
Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your apology. I do understand your frustration with Aga.

I hesitate to say it, because it doesn't help you now, but sometimes I warn people off buying any of the 'complex' Aga products, because of this very issue. The electronic components are horrendously expensive, and diagnosis is extremely difficult, even for the trained engineers. You're not alone with this dilemma.