Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

My dyson ZWS-UK-NA16952A is showing a blockage. I've checked

Customer Question

My dyson ZWS-UK-NA16952A is showing a blockage. I've checked everything, washed the clear bin but even with no tools attached it is still showing a blockage. Please can you help.
JA: How old is your Dyson vacuum?
Customer: Less than a year. I registered it on July 5th 2020
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the tools used are clear. Washed the filter and clear bin.. Had it do this once or twice
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I dont think so. It is not over used
Expert:  Paddy replied 15 days ago.

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Paddy and I will be your technician.

Which model Dyson do you have? in the stick/wand the should be a number with a V before it.

Paddy

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is an answer? Its tsken hours to come back with this
Expert:  Paddy replied 14 days ago.

Hi - apologies for the delay I respond to question as they appear to help you fully I will need the model of your Dyson.

Expert:  Paddy replied 11 days ago.

This is a common issue, the motor can often pulse on & off or stop, this is a measure to protect the motor from overheating when it is made to work harder due to a blockage restricting the airflow.

If you do not have any red lights while charging or when using there can be a build-up debris and the key areas to check for blockages are:

1. The brush head - is there any hair or fibres restricting the brush rotation or airflow

2. Where the brush head connects to the wand/pipe - remove the brush head and look down the connection towards the brush to ensure it is clear

3. Remove the wand/pipe from the dust collection bin - check the inlet to the dust collection bin this area is prone to build up

4. Remove the dust collection bin - check the inlet from the other side (inside the bin)

5. Brush the bin mesh filter inside the dust collection bin

Checking and clearing at these points should resolve your issue.

I have attached an image to help with the instruction - it is from a different model, but it is a useful guide.

I hope this helps.

Paddy