Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My auntie has just had a new fridge freezer delivered today.

Customer Question

Hi there, My auntie has just had a new fridge freezer delivered today. After switching on the application, she has noticed that it is extremely hot on the outside. Originally the heat was on the lower half (freezer, but it is now spreading up to the fridge). What should she do? Switch the application off or is this expected?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge?
Customer: Bosch. I have the E-Nr number if that helps identify the model
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We literally received it at 1 PM today. It has been going on since we switched it on at 5 PM today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 15 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

When you first switch on the fridge-freezer it will "work hard" to remove heat from inside the compartments, and then settle down. If you've also stocked it up with food, then the effect increases. On a hot day, it increases even more.

How full is the appliance at the moment? And does it have plenty of space around it for air to circulate and take the heat away?
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.