Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

👋 all set in place gas working but it won't stay alight,

Customer Question

Hi 👋 all set in place gas working but it won't stay alight
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Brand new candy ovg505/3n 2 lpg
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just installed today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Gas flow working OK, it will ignite but will not stay on is there some kind of safety valve we have missed perhaps?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 14 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I suspect the thermocouple has slipped, or is faulty. I would immediately report the defective behaviour to the retailer, and ask them to replace the appliance. You don't know what other faults it might have, so I would reject it and get another new one.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.