James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a thetford fridge in my 2010 caravan when I put it on

Customer Question

Hi I have a thetford fridge in my 2010 caravan when I put it on 240 elec surplus it comes up with code 1 how do I repair this as the fridge won’t get cold
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: We think it is a n10 it’s the one with 2 round buttons
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since I brought the van all the power comes up we put on gas and it doesn’t seem to ignite and the blue light flashes and put on 240v and code 1 comes up and light flashes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that’s it just need to know how I can fix the problem
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will wait for the answer
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
N10 does not look to be a vlaid Thetford fridge model number please confirm the model number.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It’s a n100
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the model number.

Fault 1: AC heater current is measured to be 75% below nominal current.

This points to either a issue on the power supply coming into the van or the PCB incorrectly detecting the voltage, and will need to take the van to a Thetford service centre for the Fridge PCB to be changed.

You can locate your nearest service centre here.