KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Bosch dishwasher showing error code E03. Turns on

Hi. I have a Bosch dishwasher showing error code E03. Turns on and runs but items remain unclean and greasy after running. According to the Bosch website the error code indicates a "fault with the electronics detected in the self-test." I am budgeting to see if it is more economical to repair the item or replace it. Can you tell me what spares are likely to be required for the repair please? Thanks
JA: What happened just before your Bosch dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: It ran a complete cycle.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We've ran it multiple times. Cleaned the filters, used de-scaling treatment.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Hi. I have a Bosch dishwasher showing error code E03. Turns on and runs but items remain unclean and greasy after running. According to the Bosch website the error code indicates a "fault with the electronics detected in the self-test." I am budgeting to see if it is more economical to repair the item or replace it. Can you tell me what spares are likely to be required for the repair please? Thanks

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sms53e22gb

Thank you for the model number.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

E03 in your dishwasher indicates power module fault.

I am afraid the power module is faulty and will need replacement.

Please check this IMAGE (part#570 is the power module).

This part is available here on Bosch spares website for £101 + repair charges (£99 if done by Bosch).

Are you willing to carry out replacement yourself ?

Please provide its FD number so I can check the age of this appliance.

That should solve the problem, if you have further questions please let me know.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Kevin. Apologies that I only spotted your reply now. Your information was helpful. The FD code is 9110 00228. We inherited the dishwasher so are not certain of the year. We think it's 2011. £200 to repair a 10 year old machine is borderline economics as other faults might develop elsewhere.

Good evening,

OK, no problem.

This was manufactured in October 2011, so yes almost 11 years old.

Yes buying a new one may be a good option.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks again

You're welcome and Good Luck.
Cheers