Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a siemens fridge freezer that has suddenly stopped

Customer Question

Hello i have a siemens fridge freezer that has suddenly stopped working. Not cold at all. Fridge temperature measuring at 15 degrees c.
JA: Do you know the model of your Siemens fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Cant find anywhere of the model name but some stickers of a bar code. Would i be able to look up
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: And it's about 5 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The compressor is very hot but the cooling element is at room temperature. We've tried turning it up and down, and also turing it off and back on. Made no difference
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

Good Morning

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

can you write the E number on the nameplate for me? So I can download the correct documents. It may be that the thermostat has failed or that the door contact switch is defective so that the device has been running continuously and has become hot. Turn off the power supply for at least 1 hour. Clean the device and then switch it on again. Do you then have the button super or freeze or frost? If so, when you turn it on, press it for at least 5 seconds. Then the cooling is accelerated. It should cool down again within 1 hour.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Erdal, just found the E -Nr is KG33W131G/03
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

All right then, do what I suggested. After that, you can write me a message again. If it doesn't work, then unfortunately it's not a fault but an electrical defect that needs to be professionally checked and repaired if necessary.