Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

A1 fault any idea how to clear, Optimax he plus 31 c 11 year

Customer Question

A1 fault any idea how to clear
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Optimax he plus 31 c 11 year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started today and I have cleaned the condensate trap
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO NOTHING
Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

F11 indicates a fault with the return sensor, or the wiring to it.

Are you planning to investigate this yourself? You would need experience of working with gas boilers. If you don't have that experience, it would be better to book a visit from a Gas Safe registered engineer.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

I apologise - I'm not sure how I misread that. Please bear with me...

Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

Is the fault code "A1" or "A01"?  If the latter then amongst the possible causes is loss of gas supply.  Do you have any other gas appliances that you can use to verify that you have a supply?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It's just A1 yes gas hob working ok
Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

OK.  I'm still not sure that I'm looking at the right set of fault codes, but if I am then the fault is a flame detection failure, which means that the boiler hasn't ignited or the PCB has not detected the flame.  There are many possible causes:
1. Gas valve;
2. Electrode or leak;
3. Spark generator;
4. PCB.
As earlier, if you don't have experience of working on gas boilers, it would be better to book a visit from a Gas Safe registered engineer.