Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can you tell me where the light w, It is a kenwood ktld60x15

Can you tell me where the light w
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: It is a kenwood ktld60x15 and if you reset the fidge the light is on permanently for 10 minutes then does not come on again
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its been about a year i changed the door wiring loom and the temp display started to work again then it has started bleeping and we still have no light
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you tell me where the switch is for the door light

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If the light is on permanently when first plugged in for 10 minutes then goes off and doesnt come back on then its the door sensor or magnet missing in the door so it thinks the door is open all the time.

Ive attached a copy of the service manual for you so just click the link below and if you go to page 15 it will show you were the sensor is.

If you place a magnet next to it and remove it then the light should come on from there.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Daniel, tried all that found 2 wires broken in the door wiring loom, repored those, tried putting a magnet next to the sensor and it has made no difference

Ok if you have a test meter you can check the sensor as it should give a reading in Kohms scale.

Test it and place a magnet near the sensor and see if the resistance changes to open circuit.

If it does then the sensor is fine so it looks like the control board could be the issue here.

But if theres no resistance reading when theres no magnet and a magent next to the sensor then the sensor will be the fault here.

So try that as its either the door senso or control board that will be causing this fault here.