Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi washing machine (ZWT 71201 WA) will not turn on.

Customer Question

Hello. my Zanussi washing machine (ZWT 71201 WA) will not turn on. I can't check the plug as the machine is in-built and part of the apartment
JA: Is your Zanussi washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front loading. it is about 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just started now. it was fine yesterday i've tried switching the mains off - but no luck
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: tried holding the start button for a while but nothing no
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer. Lets see if i can help you on this.

I know you say you cannot check plugs as its built in but if you look on the wall in the kitchen there may be a wall switch, Check these and see if any are turned off.

But if thats all ok then it may be the plug behind it or more then likely a faulty washer as ive seen these fail like this before were it loses power and most of the time its the control board.

Are you looking at fixing this yourself?

If so then are you able to remove the washer from under the unit?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The washing machine switch is on. I can't move the machine at all.
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Ok if the power is fine then its going to be a fault inside the washer.

Most of the time its the control board that fails so in this case im afraid you will need to get an engineer in and im sure they can sort for you from there.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok, thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Your welcome.