James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a KIOXIA 16GB transmemory stick .I have downloaded

Customer Question

HI I have a KIOXIA 16GB transmemory stick .I have downloaded video clips onto it and they apear and play on the orriginal desktop but when put into my laptop only 3 of the clips appear. What has happenned?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: The desktop is Dell and is windows 10 and is 5 years old and the lap top is Dell and is 4 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have put previousely downloaded Toshipa sticks into bothe lap top and descktop and they work and download thier contents and play so what is wrong with the new sticks I bought from Amzon?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I wish I could think of it but no.
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Are the video clips all the same video format, and have you tried re-adding them on to the stick maybe in a different folder?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They are all the same format and they wer downloaded to the stick at the same time on after another not al as a block . I have tried with another KIOXIA 16GB stick downloade=ing as a block several clips and the result is the same.
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

You are just right clicking and copy and pasting the files from the local disk and on to the USB drive?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The stick is shown on the desktop an I grip slide the clip over and it works. The problem is these new sticks will not download and attack fully on the laptop.
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Please try and copy and paste the files.

Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

In most cases copying the files and pasting them will may work as dragging and dropping can sometimes result in shadow copies being made or you not being notified if the transfer fails.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The problem is not that the stick hasn't loaded the clips. The problem is that although it will play/download them on the orriginal desktop it will not download them on the laptop. I have regretably failed to comunicate the problem clearly to you therefore I suggest we end this correspondence. Thank you for your efforts.