Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have an issue with my boiler, No really there was a fuse

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have an issue with my boiler
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: No really there was a fuse issue the RCD turned down because of if I put it up The electricity came back in my property but no the boiler. It is completely switched off which could mean there is an issue with the fuse
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just today tried to call engineers
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've wanted to ask where the fuse in the boiler located does it have a built in fuse?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 17 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Some boilers have a fuse on the PCB, but generally it's a very bad idea just to replace a fuse without investigating the cause of it blowing. The fact that the RCD tripped tends to indicate that there was a current leak, not an excess of current, so I wouldn't expect a fuse to have blown.

Do you have a multimeter so that you can do some fault-finding? If not, there isn't much hope of tracking down an electrical fault. Does the fault leave you without hot water?
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.