James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Why does the hob clean symbol light up as soon as I switch

Why does the hob clean symbol light up as soon as I switch on my NeffT58FT20X0? I have to dial it back to cancel before I can even start to choose which plate to use?
JA: Is your hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It was brand new and installed on Tuesday 2nd June 2021!!!
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has happened every time I have tried using it since Tuesday (today is Sunday). I have tried on numerous occasions because when I had my original Neff twist knob 7 years ago it was so easy to use. All I had to do was point the knob to the plate I wanted to use and I was away. This time it is an absolute nightmare. Once I get rid of that hob cleaning noise i have to try again and again to switch on a plate, normall with no success at all. Once I am able to access a hob plate it is very difficult to reduce the temperature. I am at my wits' end,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My cast iron dishes are magnetic as is my frying pan and one of my saucepans. That is another mystery, ALL my saucepans used to work on my original Neff twist knob. We moved into a brand new house five and a half years ago, unfortunately on a gas hob which I loathe. Fast forward to my new Neff twist knob and 3 of those pans are no longer magnetic. As I said - mystery.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Tried downloading the App but you require my Apple ID and I can't for the life of me remember it so please communicate by email only. Many thanks
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (7GZG5GS)

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m happy wait. Thanks for your hard work.

The hob clean light comes on where its detecting a layer of grease and fats on the hob, this can often cause the touch panel to not operate as expected.

Power off the hob at the wall, wait for it to cool (if used) and then use a de-greasing agent (or hot soapy water) give the hob a good scrub especially over the control panel and then dry off. Once dry power back on and the light should have gone off.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry but still not working properly. I had tried clearing job before contacting you and following your latest advice I cleaned again, both times using a highly recommended ceramic glass cooktop cleaner and hot soapy water. That wretched clean hob signal lights up as soon as I push twist knob towards each and any hot plate whenever I try to set or reduce a temperature. All this started when I tried boiling potatoes the first time I tried to use the hob. Would you recommend that I contact hob fitter or contact Neff directly? Looks as if I have a defective model.

Right where the message is still showing there is a fault on the HID (control panel) this will need replaced.

Since the appliance is new you will need to arrange for an in warranty repair this can be arranged by calling the service team on 0344(###) ###-####/p>

James, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
James - thanks so much for your advice and for providing me with Neff’s customer services phone number. I’ve just phoned them, got through immediately and they’re organising a Neff engineer call out. You’ve saved my sanity. Take care. Regards, Maureen
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
James provided me with some really good recommendations, some of which I had tried before, but to no avail but it was still good to prove I wasn't really the Thicko For England (this time round, at least.....). He then confirmed that there is a falt on the control panel which needs to be replaced. He also provided me with Neff's customer service number. I immediately phoned Neff, they immediately answered and I am now waiting for confirmation of a Neff engineer. 6 days of sheer hell and frustration (my dear husband deserves a medal for putting up with my moans and groans) hopefully to be resolved soon. A million thanks to James.