Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a Zanussi integrated fridge freeezer which is just

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi integrated fridge freeezer which is just out of guarantee and the fridge is buzzing. What do I do? I have turned it off and cleaned it but it sti8ll buzzes *I am frightened to leave it on but if I turn it all off, to feel safe, all my freezer products will be wasted. What can I do.
JA: How old is your Zanussi fridge?
Customer: 1 year last February.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Noticed it today when I returned home. I turned it off, cleaned it and put it back on again.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No nothing. I am frightened to leave it turned on when I go to bed.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

It is possible that the fan or the compressor worked incorrectly and caused this noise. It can also be that such a noise has been caused by settings. If you have switched off the device and switched it on again and the noise is no longer there, then that is okay. You don't need to worry at all. In the worst case scenario, the whole system could fail and then not work. There is nothing you can do about it anyway except for a repair. If the device is not defective, it will work now anyway.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I turned it off, cleaned it and turned it on again. Still buzzing. Can I leave it on until I can get someone out to look at it is it safe to do so? I am so frightened it explodes
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

No it cannot explode. At the most, its fuse will blow and then it won't work at all, so you don't have to worry about that. But if it is like this and the unit is not cooling anyway, then I would recommend that you leave the unit switched off and book a technician. There is no point in leaving the unit on anyway.