Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My Bosch dishwasher will not turn off. It is working, and

My Bosch dishwasher will not turn off. It is working, and there is red light flashing (tap shape). The plug is not visible anywhere, can only turn off with fuse which switches off our fridge, freezer and more. How can I make it safe overnight until I can contact Bosch?
JA: What happened just before the light on your Bosch dishwasher came on?
Customer: We had the machine running a cycle, noticed it had not stopped, opened to find light flashing
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pressing and holding the off switch. Pressing and trying to 'reset' with the start button. Turning off at the fuse box. Have found that below filter there is a broken piece of plastic.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That I'm worried because my sister's house burned down with loss of life thanks to an exploding dishwasher and I therefore feel I will have to turn off at fuse box if no other solution so losing all freezer and possible fridge contents
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

I am really very sorry, but if you cannot switch the device off again then you have to switch it off either at the fuse or at the plug. To do this, you have to pull out the device and loosen the plug at the connection point at the back. If the device is not switched off then you definitely have a fault with your water supply. It is possible that the Aqua stop has been triggered. If the device is leaking then that is exactly what you are causing.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Will it be dangerous to leave it running overnight? There is water flowing through, it is not leaking

I think it will only work the drain pump all the time. Of course, it is not normal that it runs permanently. It may die on its own at some point because it has become warm. But it could also be that it gets so hot that it causes a short circuit in the house.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you I am grateful. We will turn off the fuse and lose our freezer contents, but I would prefer this to risking having it overheat.

Please I wish you the best of luck and success in doing so. You can write a message again at any time. I am always at your disposal. You can always take my help. You are always welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk