Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Janome SX2122 sewing machine. It powers up but

Customer Question

I have a Janome SX2122 sewing machine. It powers up but pressing the foot pedal, all the red lights light up then go back to only one red light. Nothing otherwise works although it sounds as if its trying to. Any ideas?
JA: How old is your Janome sewing machine?
Customer: Bought in the early nineties if I remember correctly
JA: What have you tried so far with your Janome sewing machine?
Customer: I haven't tried anything. I don't know where to start
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thats it.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I am Martyn, welcome to JustAnswer, I am sorry you are having these issues today, it can be frustrating. I am happy to try and help work with you to try to get this resolved if I can.

Is the handwheel stiff ?

Remove R side cover to check Belt is OK

Can you engage Bobbin Winder ?