How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Your Own Question
James, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 8045
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
James is online now

I have a 3.1khw oven 2.5mm radial circuit to the consumer

This answer was rated:

I have a 3.1khw oven 2.5mm radial circuit to the consumer unit I need to know the best way to wire the cooker to the wall and what mob to use in the consumer unit
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Smeg SF4920VCP 60cm Compact Cream Steam Oven
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: there's a 32amp mcb in the consumer unit and bear cable for the radial circuit by the cooker
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thats great thank your the help

The works will need to be certified by building control if your are attempting to do this as DIY.

You can terminate the oven on the wall using a connection block such as here, make sure you have an isolation switch where it is easily accessible.

The current draw is 13A so would protect the radial with a 16A MCB in your consumer unit.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
the house is getting checked with building control as its a self buildthe power for the cooker is quite low to the ground what's the best way to get the isolation switch wired so its safe and above the work surfaceall help is greatly appreciated

Just channel up the wall and use something like a WAGO box to extend the wire up to the switch, then you can run a new length down from the switch to the connection block for the oven

James and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
last question sorry about this what size flex on the cooker 6mm?

6mm is more than adequate and that should future proof you should you change the cooker in the future, but as a 13A supply 2.5mm would be fine.