James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Zanussi condenser dryer is not drying and the filter and

Customer Question

Hi, my Zanussi condenser dryer is not drying and the filter and tank lights come on. However the filters are clean and the tank is empty of water. What else could it be? Thanks, Meg
JA: What happened just before the light on your Zanussi dryer came on?
Customer: I'm not sure. It was at the end of the cycle. But the lights were on and the clothes still damp.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cleaned the condenser. Checked that the filters were clear and the tank empty. It's been just one day.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanks. Look forward to any help you can give.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Model number 7DC37200W
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Its likely you have a fault on the two sensors which detect humidity in the drum and present of water in the tank.

I would open the door and give the sensor which sits just below the door lip at the bottom of the porthole, this can build up with starch and just needs a clean, secondly check the tank is correctly seated at the back and no debris is in the pipe fittings to the rear which may stop water going into it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks. I’ll try that.