James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a kenwood FPM810 literally just 1 Yr old but it seems

Customer Question

I have a kenwood FPM810 literally just 1 Yr old but it seems stuck on auto. I've tried the usual 3 things suggested but that doesn't work.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I used it perfectly OK Sat, cleaned it and put it away got it out Sunday turned it on and as soon as I rurn the know to a number auto light comes on and I get a slow flashing light
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried all 3 things in the hand book says when it go into Eco function.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No it been working fine up to know. Its not used extensively. Probably 6-7 times since I had it may 28th 2020
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
If you give the auto button a press does it feel pushed in or does it let you push it, and what about the pulse button?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It pushes in same as always.
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Right then its the switch which sits behind the button which has failed and telling the appliance to stay in auto, as its just approaching a year old I would reach out to Kenwood as they are normally reasonable with warranties and they can arrange for a new base to be sent to you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry don't want a call
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you I will