KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

A pool of ice forms at the base of my freezer. I chip it out

A pool of ice forms at the base of my freezer. I chip it out each week. I think the temp of the fridge also changes. Do you think it's possible to repair the fridge freezer?
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer?
Customer: BOSCH. Fridge freezer, probably 60/40. I don't know the model as am not at home.
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your freezer; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Bosch freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Oh a couple of years at least.. With lockdown I haven't tried anything. BTW it is 12 years old.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It looks like mini river of ice flows from the top of the freezer. Some gets into the second basket and most accumulates at the bottom. It was a Frost free model.

Good morning,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks I'll try that

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers