Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have an AEG Ono Santo fridge. The door has become

Customer Question

I have an AEG Ono Santo fridge. The door has become difficult to open. Please advise how to deal with this. Thanks
JA: Do you know the model of your AEG fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure of model, is that shown anywhere on it? It is 6 feet high and maybe 8yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a year or so, have tried nothing yet...it will open with some force but not easy for children etc
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that’s it really, it works ok otherwise
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 6 days ago.

Good Day

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Can you explain the problem to me better? Can't you open it by tightening it very firmly or is it very difficult to move it? Do you have to pull hard on it or is it just very difficult to move when you're moving?

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The handle needs a very hard pull, with another hand on the fridge itself. It is as if some suction is involved
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 6 days ago.

If a refrigerator door is difficult to open, this may be due to a recent opening. If the door permanently refuses to open easily, you can always give it a little help. In some cases, adjustments can help to reduce the resistance to opening.

Everything about the door hinges would have to be adjusted. If necessary, clean the door seal and the surface of the refrigerator again.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can I adjust the door?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 6 days ago.

Yes, you can adjust the door by understanding the hinges. But you have to give me the exact model number so that I have an overview of which appliance you have.