KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have a drinks cooler Description Model D2MD S/No

Customer Question

We have a drinks cooler Description Model D2MD S/No 36100/07/09, it makes a great deal of noise when turned on, possibly a fan issue. Can you tell me how to resolve this?
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Moffat is the maker and we think 07/09 is make date (which is part of the serial no)
JA: How long has this been going on with your Moffat appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been off during lockdown but was noisy previously. We are not technically minded so apart from turning on and off we have done nothing else.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We are now closing for the day. Can you contact me tomorrow?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Any idea when?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Any answer yet?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If the door seal is fine then this indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

The noise may be coming from fan hitting ice inside the rear or the fan motor itself is faulty.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with the fan motor that will need replacement.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't know as she never got back to me. That is money wasted.

Please read and follow my previous advise.