Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a fridge freezer KA58NA40GB/07 and the ice dispenser

I have a fridge freezer KA58NA40GB/07 and the ice dispenser flap has come loose from the actuator in the door. How do I access it to reattach? Do I have to take the door apart from the inside or does the outer panel prise off?
JA: Who makes your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Seimens. 10yrs, maybe a little more.
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just a day or so ago. I have tried to manipulate the flap through the chute but cant get it in the right place to snap it back on.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so.

Hi guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refridgeration engineer  If the damper had ca.e off it generally means  one of the tabs has came of  and or the spring has broke   these are very cheap 5 to 10 pounds from espares.com   and easy to attach the flap just pushes up and into the gap

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I need to get access to get the old one out and the new one in. The question was how do I get into the chute to change it?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
163;45 from eSpares. Inflation!!

There is  uk white goods and tradeplace    Siemens always have higher prices   if it was Samsung it would be 25    bisch Siemens naff all charge a premium the damper just snaps in from underneath but you might need the door open and a hand in the other side

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm afraid my hand isn't that small. Nor would a child's be. Anyway, I prised the front chute frame off, removed the electronic card, removed the inner chute cover and as you said 2 of the plastic clips were broken. A small piece of duct tape later it was reassembled and functional once more. When I get a replacement part it should only take a few minutes to fix properly.

Lol  yes they do not make it easy I didn't say take the facia off as some time the tabs also break   and it sits loose    when you get the new part do as you did and just be carfull with the facing  give me a magbif you need anything